The Eyeopener is Ryerson University’s independent student newspaper, and has been since 1967. It is owned and operated by Rye Eye Publishing Inc., a non-profit corporation owned by the students of Ryerson. The Eye prints a weekly newspaper and publishes daily online content, including articles, videos and a podcast.
The Eyeopener is looking for students with an interest in media and journalism who are able to work both independently and with a larger team to produce Ryerson-based content for the publication.
Job Title: Media Editor
Overview: The media editor will work with our media team, Mikayla Fasullo and Parknika Raj, to create daily video content and more in-depth video journalism. Applicants should have experience shooting and editing video as well as an interest in telling stories.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Shooting and editing original video content as well as working with other section editors on videos
- Recruiting and managing a staff of volunteer videographers
- Overseeing the edits of all material submitted to the section
- Must be a student enrolled in a full-time program at Ryerson University
- Experience shooting and editing video in a professional setting
- Proficient with Adobe programs such as Premiere Pro
This is a paid contracted position from August-December with an option to extend another term. Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter and three examples of their work to email@example.com by June 22, 2018.