All

Students abducted by aliens

Ryerson student talks of hieroglyphics scrolls from other worlds — he still has the scar

By Chelsea Balzan

Nathan Cantkier was taken from his basement by four-foot aliens, injected with a paralyzing drug and pulled in to their ship by a beam of light.

It happened last year on the eve of Yom Kippur at around 2:30 a.m.. “I wasn’t on any drugs, and my mind was totally clear. I’d eaten well the night before,” Nathan Cantkier said. He made it very clear that this was not a hallucination.

Lying in a sleeping bag in the basement, he felt his cat move at his feet – or so he thought. He looked up, and there, at the edge of the sleeping bag was a figure. Its forehead was slightly larger than that of a human, with little ears protruding from the side of his head, and a perfectly round open mouth, two nostrils, with round glassy, mirror-like eyes. It was wearing a blue metallic robe.

It was holding Nathan’s leg through the sleeping bag. 

He says he was in shock. Before he could do anything about it, an injection was administered into his neck by another alien. “It was instantaneously effective, I had no muscle control. I was totally conscious but I couldn’t move my arms or my legs. I couldn’t move my neck and I couldn’t speak. My eyes remained open,” says Nathan.

A beam of light entered the basement through the door. It encompassed Nathan’s body and pulled him into the spaceship waiting for him outside. The interior of the ship was cold and damp, and there was a pungent odor. 

What was the purpose of their visit? For Nathan to translate a sheet of metal with hieroglyphic-type writing on it. The aliens communicated to him telepathically, asking him to translate the scroll. 

Unable to translate it, he was dragged away from the sheet by the angry aliens. On the way out of the ship, he hit his leg on a table. They then returned him to the basement of his house, the same way he was taken away.

Thirty minutes later, the injection wore off.

He asked his neighbors if they had heard or seen anything but they hadn’t. He told his dad, but his dad didn’t believe him even after Nathan showed him the cut from when his leg hit the aliens’ table. A year later he still has the scar.

Now the Ryerson student is hoping to find fellow abductees. 

Last year, wanting to find people with similar experiences, he and four other people got together and discussed their alien encounters. The Students Abducted by Aliens club was then formed. A common threat between most of the group members was the translation aspect. The club came up with a theory as to why this happened to them.

On the theory that aliens gave the Egyptians the knowledge to build the pyramids, Nathan said the group “figured that [the aliens] had come two or three thousand years ago in the time just after the pyramids were built, and they picked up the [scrolls]…they took it back to their people and their planets to try and get the writing translated.”

“They’re back 2,000 years later and now that the pyramids are a mystery it’s really hard to translate something that happened at that time,” says Nathan. 

Nathan believes there are not the same aliens that gave the Egyptians the means to build the pyramids, he believes they are “archeologists” researching human history because “our planet is a good receptacle for alien research.” If that is the case, he believes these “archeologists” are abducting the wrong people to translate the scrolls.

He feels the aliens chose him randomly, for if they had known about his inability, they would have chosen someone who knew what they were doing. 

Before his experience, he had a strong belief in aliens. “You look up at the stars and you say to yourself, there’s way too much out there to believe that we are the only planet that supports life.”

His advice to non-believers is “to be afraid, be very afraid because it could happen to you…keep your mind open.” Quoting The X-Files, Nathan says “The truth IS out there”.

If you have had an experience similar to Nathan Cantkier’s, he would like to hear what you have to say. He wants to start up the S.A.B.A. (Students Abducted by Aliens) club again. For further information, call 630-1657.