Kinky sex rates high with Rye

By Irene Kuan

What happened to the days when having sex was simply kept in the bedroom and between the sheets?

Well, for one, that’s just boring. We’ve all heard of the thrills of being a part of the Mile High Club, but not everyone has easy access to an airplane washroom.

Ryerson student Jen Fukushima believes having sex should always feel as exhilarating as it does in the sky. For her, sex should be exciting and memorable, just like traveling.

She said the strangest place she had sex was at a camp late one night.

“My boyfriend and I swam in cold water onto a floating dock on the lake and started doing it,” she said.

She said she didn’t even care that a boat drove by them with the headlights on. Getting caught had never even entered her mind, yet even if she did get caught, she said she probably wouldn’t have cared.

Fukushima said she had sex on the floating boat dock so she would remember doing something out of the ordinary.

“I’ll look back on this experience and think that was funny,” she said.

Jeremy Vandermeji, third-year interior design took a risk and had sex right in the presence of nature. Unlike Fukushima’s rendezvous, Vandermeji’s experience was very spontaneous.

“I was walking home from a bus stop once with my partner and we climbed down into a dirty gully and had sex,” he said. “We just felt like doing it right then.”

He said knowing he might get caught was sexually appealing.

“People always want to do what they’re not supposed to,” said Vandermeji.

‘Feeling like it’ was a good enough reason for Joanne Lecampt’s crazy sex-capades. Lecampt said growing up in Montreal made her more open-minded to strange sexual ideas. The strangest place she had sex was in the men’s washroom at a restaurant.

“I’m not sure why I did it, but I was in the mood and it was just exciting,” she said.

Another student, Adam Jones, said he’s had sex in every room in his house. Aside from that, the strangest place he ever had sex was on the roof of a stranger’s car in a dark alley.

“I did it out of rebellion and boredom. I believe relationships should be built on unique experiences. This one would be memorable,” he said.