By Lesia Polischuk
The holidays are just around the corner, which means that students are prepping to visit family, unwind after a long semester of school and, most importantly, eating wonderful home cooked meals.
Feel like impressing your friends with a student, budget worthy Christmas dinner? Try this easy and inexpensive holiday indulgence.
Chicken breasts stuffed with cranberries and brie cheese are sure to impress anyone that you choose to share this festive time of year with, especially if paired with a nutritious and delicious side. All together, this meal should cost under $15 to whip up, and take only an hour or so to prepare.
Chicken Cranberry Bliss
- Chicken breasts (one for each guest)
- 1 small brick of brie cheese
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- Sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Sage, salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make an small incision in the side of each chicken breast and cut inwards to create a pocket.
- Stuff some of the fresh cranberries and brie into each chicken breast by hand or with a spoon.
- Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of each chicken breast.
- Add salt, pepper and sage to taste
- Bake chicken breasts for 35 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink throughout.
Photo by Lesia Polischuk