Edible Panties and Groaners

A roundup of some of the shadier — and just plain odd — things that happen around Ryerson’s downtown campus.

A stray snowball from a snowball fight in the quad broke a second floor window in Kerr Hall West. A student in the classroom was cut by a piece of broken glass, but didn’t need to go to the hospital. Geez guys. Why you gotta break balls? And windows?… And balls.

A student had two textbooks stolen from the seventh floor of the library after she left her bag unattended to take a phone call. Rookie mistake. Don’t leave your shit unattended.

A student had a black shoulder bag stolen from the sixth floor of the library. The bag had her purse and laptop in it. She left for five minutes to talk to a friend. The bag was found later in a men’s washroom in on the second floor of Kerr Hall, but the laptop is still missing. Seriously? Come on, don’t leave your shit unattended.

A student’s bag was stolen from the third floor of the library, after he left it unattended for an hour from 7:45 p.m. – 8:45 p.m. The bag had $450 worth of valuables in it. We REPEAT: Do not leave your stuff lying around.

Two more students had textbooks stolen from the library on the tenth floor. Both textbooks cost over $100. Ok. We have no sympathy left for anyone losing items in the library.

A noise complaint brought security to the third floor of Kerr Hall West to find students playing music loudly and dancing. Security asked them to stop. To all those who love to party: bring it on over to the Eyeopener office. We love loud music and dancing. But a fair warning: we are prone to disco showdowns. Especially to Elton John’s Benny and the Jets.

At 12:45 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 23, an iPod video and a Christmas tree were stolen from an unlocked living room in Pitman Hall. At 1:10 a.m. the student called security back to tell them that the iPod had been returned, but the Christmas tree was still missing. Dear student, someone was obviously trying to tell you that Christmas is over, and your Christmas tree was obnoxious. But damn them for being passive aggressive!

President Sheldon Levy has a new Keurig coffee maker which he was excited to share with the Eyeopener news team. He is very excited about it; as he should be. Keurig coffee makers are amazing.

— Sarah Del Giallo