Briefs & Groaners

A roundup of some of the shadier — and just plain odd — things that happen around Ryerson’s downtown campus

On Tuesday, Oct. 4, a student was assaulted on his way out of class. Rumour has it that he shushed another student while he was talking during class, and received a punch in the face as a thank you.

A man urinated in Lake Devo on Wednesday, Oct. 5. We’re going to advise you to stop putting the tables in the water, because after the “showering” guy, and now this, it’s becoming more of a public washroom than a lake.

On the same day, a man was found in a Jorgenson Hall bathroom, naked from the waist up. He appeared to be acting as if he was in the shower, which he was not. Maybe he got lost on the way to Lake Devo?

The custodial staff reported seeing a newspaper delivery van hit a hydrant on campus and leave the scene. Though we’ve threatened to create news before, we’ve escaped accusation by being too poor to own a van.

Finally, there’s been six counts of people getting caught with pot on campus. These incidents have occurred all over, at all hours, with various amounts of people involved. They have been caught smoking, rolling, or even just appearing to have smoked. I guess all we’re trying to say is, c’mon folks, be a little more discreet while having fun.