Briefs & Groaners

A roundup of some of the shadier — and just plain odd — things that happen around Ryerson’s downtown campus

On Feb. 6, security received notice that a class project poster in the Image Arts building was being repeatedly vandalised. The graffiti was not offensive, but appeared as though the culprits were repeatedly correcting each other’s spelling and grammar. Sounds like those copy-edit obsessed journalism kids have figured out where the IMA building is.

It was also reported on Feb. 6 that there were five pellet-sized holes in a stairwell door in South- West Kerr Hall. Security attended and took pictures, as did Toronto police. The real question here is, what kind of glory hole is pellet-sized?

On Feb. 8, a student reported that she was walking eastbound on McGill Street at 1:30 am, near the Theatre School, when she heard someone whistling at her and turned around. The subject was standing at the rear of 40 Gerrard Street, exposed and masturbating. The student was unable to get a detailed description due to the time of day and nature of the circumstances. Would you have been focusing on what he was wearing, or not wearing?

On Feb. 12, a vending machine was vandalised on the third floor of the Podium building. The machine was still operational, but someone had punched a hole through the Minute Maid sign. Don’t worry man, sometimes citrus makes us angry, too.