Drake played a Ryerson concert in May. FILE PHOTO

What you missed this summer

While you were enjoying the sun, shit was still going down at Rye.

RSU employee laid off for the second time

Dina Skvirsky was reinstated as the Used Book Room Coordinator in April, only to be laid off three months later.

Skvirsky was first laid off from her Executive Director of Communications Outreach position in December 2015. Gilary Massa, who was on maternity leave at the time, was also laid off.

According to RSU president Obaid Ullah, the layoffs were a result of RSU restructuring and the Used Book Room moving online.

Drake makes a second surprise performance

Drake performed at Ryerson for the second time at the RSU’s 6 Cent Concert on May 1, 2016.

“Just because Views came out, that doesn’t mean there’s not new music on the way,” Drake told the crowd.

The concert also featured performances from DJ Esco, Future’s DJ.

Drake made his first appearance at Ryerson during the RSU’s frosh concert last September.

The RSU is hosting another concert on Sept. 23. The Facebook page event says that there will be surprise guests and that 9,000 tickets have been sold.

RSU to evaluate its relationship with the CFS

A motion was passed at the RSU’s board of directors meeting requesting that the past RSU executive present a report on the effectiveness of the Canadian Federation of Students (CFS) by September 2016.

Rye prof faces fraud charges

Child and youth care professor Darlene Evans was charged with three counts of fraud over $5,000.

This was after a year-long investigation found that a non-profit organization was defrauded $200,000. Evans was the executive director of three non-profit organizations. The investigation found that Evans allegedly wrote and cashed unauthorized cheques from 2009 to 2015.