All Communities Multimedia Video

The best places to find food on Ryerson’s campus

By Eyeopener Staff

Once you get past the strange smells, the aggressive pedestrians on Gould Street and our subpar academic reputation, there are a lot of great things about Ryerson. One of those things is definitely how many food options we have around us. With so many choices, things can get overwhelming. But don’t fret—The Eyeopener has compiled a list of the food places on campus you should definitely be dropping your OSAP money on.

Banh Mi Boyz
399 Yonge St.
Weekdays it closes at 10 p.m., Saturday 9 p.m., Sunday 7 p.m.
The Eye recommends one of Banh Mi legendary banh mis or a small, but filling, bao for under $5 and huge portions of poutines for under $10.

Ruby Thai
260 Yonge St., Eaton Centre Food Court
Closes 9:30 p.m., Sunday 7 p.m.
The food is only $6.99 after 8 p.m. and gets cheaper the later it gets. Be warned if you’re a Thai food purist, this place is more like thai food with a heavy Chinese infusion.

Hummusaiah
113 Bond St.
Closes at 8 p.m.
This is the perfect place if you want to drown your sorrows in a big bowl of hummus. The food is priced just over $10 with student discounts from five to 15 per cent if you follow them on social media. They also have other Mediterranean inspired foods.

Patties Express
4 Elm St.
Closes at 11 p.m. every night, 9 p.m. on Sunday
This place has two patties and a drink for $5.50 and each patty is $2.10. Also has vegetarian options.

Salad King
340 Yonge St.
Weekdays it closes at 10 p.m., Saturday 11 p.m., Sunday 9 p.m.
From 2-5 p.m. Salad King offers great thai food ranging from $6 to $12 with a 20 per cent discount for Ryerson students.

Ginger
355 Yonge St.
Closes at 11 p.m.
Ginger is a great option for really cheap but delicious food with fast service. A full plate can range from $8 to $14 and they have a wide range of options from banh mis to pho. Don’t miss out on their iced coffee and fruit smoothies as well.

Lou Dawgs
76 Gerrard St.
Closes at 2 a.m.
Lou Dawgs is the unofficial campus pub and a great, cheap place to grab a drink with your friends. Try their deep fried pickles.

Pita Land
2 Gerrard St. E
Closes at 4 a.m.
A good stop after some late night partying, Pita Land will serve up hot shawarmas till 4 a.m. It’ll cost you around $8.

Sushi Style
80 Dundas St. E
Closes at 11 p.m.
Sushi Style offers suspiciously cheap but good sushi. Eight pieces of sushi will cost you around $6. If you’re feeling bougie, splurge on a sushi burrito, which are a bit pricier but so worth it.