All Editorial Letter to the editor

Rank stank: April 12, 1995

Re: Programs ranked, April 5

Well, for the second year in a row, The Eyeopener has (sic) their little survey about ranking the programs offered at Ryerson, and I can’t seem to find Computer Science listed anywhere’s (sic). This is strange, I believe we occupy the third floor of the Roger’s building, I think I get a degree when I get out of here. I think that we shouldn’t be lumped into the math department (after all, all the engineering programs seem to be differentiated) so why aren’t we? I think we exist, why doesn’t The Eyeopener? What gives?
– Nicholas Wilson, Computer Science 2

Editor’s note:
Here’s the poop, Edison:

1) This “little survey” is not conducted by The Eyeopener. The surveys are filled out by students and processed by Ryerson’s administration based on a deal worked on between Academic Council, the Ryerson Faculty Association and the unions. The information is used by Patrick Hynes of the RSU to rank the programs.

2) This isn’t the second year of rankings. The first one was done in the fall of 1994, based on the previous winter term’s surveys. The latest results are based on info from the fall of 1994.

3) Comp sci does indeed exist. The administration has the raw data from Comp Sci in with “Maths” basically because the less specific information they can get away with providing to students, the happier they are. No muss, no fuss. Go figure. Take it up with them.