All Frosh

BEAT THE CAMPUS DROUGHT

By John Shmuel

Biz & Tech Editor

As we are located right smack in the middle of downtown Toronto, there’s no shortage of bars around the school. So stop moping over your rejection letter from U of T and start knocking back the brews.

Reilly’s (340 Yonge St.)

Located across the street from the former Sam the Record Man store, you might miss the entrance on Yonge Street if you blink twice. Inside you’ll find cheap food and reasonable service. The most memorable part of this otherwise unassuming bar is probably the bathroom stalls.

The Imperial (54 Dundas St. E.)

The second floor is known as The Library, which will make you sound classy when your friends ask you what you did on Monday night. Service here is generally fast, even though pretty much everything except the menu is fried. Most of the patrons here tend to be Rye students so you won’t feel out of place.

Wolf & Firkin (43 Elm St.)

This is where the Eyeopener goes to indulge in alcoholic beverages, so it’s special. The service is good, with standard bar-fare as far as food goes (this is a bar chain after all). There’s a hotel across the street if you need to sober up. Not that you can afford it.

Mick E Fynn’s (45 Carlton St.)

This is another popular student drinking establishment that’s just a few blocks away from campus. With some specials as low as $3.50 and nightly entertainment, you can’t say no.

Elephant & Castle (378 Yonge St.)

Home to a more scholarly, older crowd. If you want to get shit-faced and dance on tabletops, then you’re probably going to want to look elsewhere.

Mounties (149 Dundas St. E.)

$5 pitchers. That’s really all there is to say. Expect the taste to be a little off. This definitely isn’t the classiest bar around. But it gets the job done.