All Frosh

THE EYEOPENER’S SPECTACULAR GUIDE TO RYERSON ON AND OFF CAMPUS

6:45 a.m. Wake up! Ryerson has 8 a.m. classes. Get ready in your private bathroom at the ILLC.

7:15 a.m. Get breakfast at Fran’s. As a Ryerson student you get a 10% student discount.

8:10 a.m. Go to your sociology class. It may be early, but at least you get to have class in the new AMC theatre. Get some expensive popcorn and drinks.

10 a.m. Your first class of the year is done. Head over to the bookstore on Gould. Pay $80 for a bound collection of photocopies and any other books you might need.

10:30 a.m. Get in line at the SCC for a discounted Metropass. Have fun being in line for an hour.

12:00 p.m. Go to the Ram in the Rye and meet up with the new friends you met in class. Put it on your meal card and enjoy an assortment of pub food.

12:45 p.m. Hit up Dominion to stock your mini-fridge. Choose from fresh bread and over fifteen flavours of gelato.

1:30 p.m. You are looking for a part-time job. Go to the Career Career in POD-60 for resume help and job postings.

2:00 p.m. You have to pick up your OneCard, but you aren’t sure where. Have no fear! Go to the new Student Information and Advising Centre in POD-144.

2:30 p.m. Stand in line to get your OneCard in KHW-73. Take a good picture — it will be on your card for the next four years.

4:00 p.m. Go to the Ryerson Health Centre in KHW 181 for an appointment to meet your new doctor. Don’t forget to bring your health card and new student ID.

5:00 p.m. Get fit and sign up for a gym membership at the RAC. Bring your student card and add $30 to your fee to get a shoe tag for daily classes offered at the gym.

6:00 p.m. Head to Salad King. Discover one of Ryerson’s best kept secrets. Chow down on some Thai and get a 10% discount when you pay with cash.

7:30 p.m. Walk over to the Eaton’s Centre to go shopping for school supplies. Pass by Sam the Record Man at Yonge and Gould to remember the good times you spent there as a kid. Try to avoid the Jesus guy.

9:00 p.m. Your first day is over! Go to Mick E. Fynn’s and have a pint with your friends. If you’re legal, take part in some pool, dancing, or chatting up the bartender.

11:00 p.m. In your slightly altered stupor, tred on over to Lake Devo; known to be the most beautiful and the ugliest spot on Ryerson at the same time. It’s home to hockey games, dirty homeless people, and many Eyeopener photo-shoots. This little gem is maleable with how you decide to love it.