Wednesday, January 26
- “Too Asian” Talk Back: Calling the Media to Account—Maclean’s released its “Too Asian” article back in November, but the controversy refuses to fall into the archives. Come out to vent and learn more about holding the media accountable. ENG 103, 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, January 20
- McClung’s Launch Party—You don’t have to be a girl to want to have fun! Join the gang from Ryerson’s feminist magazine to celebrate the launch of their Winter 2011 issue. I hear there’ll be a special McClung’s cocktail on the menu! There will not be an ATM, however, so be sure to stop off at the bank beforehand. Calisto (247 College St.), 9 p.m., $5 cover (free for masthead members)
- GNARLY! 80s Pub Night, presented by the Biology Course Union—I think the name says it all here. If you’re too chic to own anything remotely 80s, there will be free neon sunglasses at the door. Ram in the Rye, 10 p.m., FREE
Friday, January 21
- HomoHop: Queer Revolution—Whether you’re a common face on Church Street or just too young to hit the Village, this all-ages event guarantees a good time. Dance, mingle and be entertained by one of Ryerson’s favourite drag queens, Takeme Spears. The Barn (418 Church St.), 9 p.m., $5 before 11 p.m. or $10 after 11 p.m.
Saturday, January 29
- RTA vs. Journalism Karaoke Night—They may share a computer room in the RCC, but these warring programs will not be able to share the crown. Come rep your set, or just watch some drunken students embarrass themselves. Ram in the Rye, 9 p.m., $2 at the door or $1/a canned good in advance
Get in touch with community editor Allyssia Alleyne on Twitter at @AllyssiaAlleyne or @TheEyeopener if you want your event covered or want to chat about your Ryerson community. She can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Seriously, do it.
Photo by Marta Iwanek