- RSU Election Debate Meet the candidates running for student office and overwhelm them with your well-thought out questions and complaints. SCC 115, 12:30 p.m.
Wednesday, February 2
- Apocalypse Now at Ryerson Enjoy this Vietnam War epic with the kids from Alternative Spring Break and the History Club. Funds raised go towards ASB trips to Vietnam and Columbia. ENG 103, 6:30 p.m., pay what you can
Thursday, February 3
- Seventyfive Percent: Ryerson Third Year Photography Show The name says it all. Even if you aren’t into photography, this is the perfect chance to seem cultured and refined. Also, there may be free beer and sushi. I recommend wearing a bow tie. IMA Gallery (80 Spadina Ave., Suite 305), 6 p.m.
- 3rd Annual Benefit Reading of A Memory, a Monologue, a Rant & a Prayer Men and women read true stories we about their experiences with violence in honour of V-Day, a campaign that focuses on spreading awareness about violence against women. Proceeds go to than Panzi Hospital in the Congo. SCC 115, 7 p.m., $5
- Credit Wisdom Seminar With tuition, living costs and partying, it’s easy for students be overwhelmed with debt. Join Fiona Addy, a personal money coach, to learn tips on basic budgeting and getting your debt under control.
Get in touch with community editor Allyssia Alleyne on Twitter at @AllyssiaAlleyne or @TheEyeopener if you want your event covered or want to chat about your Ryerson community. She can also be reached via email at email@example.com
Seriously, do it.
Photo by Marta Iwanek