By Lesia Polischuk
We’re students. We lead complicated, busy lives. We get hungry, but we don’t have the time to slave over a hot stove, crafting elaborate dinners. This is where these mini salsa and cheese quiches come in.
With exactly three ingredients, these quiches are sure to fill the stomach of any student with a healthy appetite and an underweight wallet. Filled with the protein of eggs, calcium of cheese, and overall healthiness of veggies — stealthily hidden in the salsa — it’s versatile enough to be served for for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Quirky Salsa Quiche
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste
NOTE: Cheese and salsa can all be substituted fr to different types and vegetables*
- Preheat the oven to 360F.
- Beat eggs with a fork, adding milk and salt and pepper. Beat until the mixture is one colour.
- Line the bottom of each cup of a muffin tray with a layer of shredded cheese.
- Add a thin layer of salsa to each cup. Try to pour in as little of the salsa liquid as possible.
- Fill ¾ of each cup with the egg mixture.
- Let bake for 12 minutes, or until fully cooked.