- Global Awareness Week—This week the Ryerson Students’ Union (RSU) hosts a series of events to inform the student body about issues that have an impact both at home and abroad. For a complete list of events, check out the RSU website.
- Women’s Only Yoga—The Women’s Centre will host this fun way to fight stress and get healthy throughout the month of March. Classes are $5 each. As space is limited, the centre encourages those interested to come to their office in the SCC and register in advance. Some yoga mats will be available, but they encourage those who have their own to bring them. Oakham Lounge, 4 p.m., $5
- 3rd Annual Viola Desmond Awards — The ceremony, organized by the Black History Awareness Committee, is meant to honour the accomplishments of black women in the Ryerson community. Come out to celebrate their accomplishments and partake in some free food from Harlem Renaissance Restaurant. POD 250, 5 p.m.
- Trans-action for Community Health — This panel discussion explores the need for more trans-inclusive services and education in the health and social sectors, as well as in the classroom. KHS 369, 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 8
- International Women’s Day!
- One Week Job: Discover Your Passion Tour—Sean Aiken, the man behind “The One Week Job Project” discusses how he tried 52 jobs in 52 weeks, and the lessons he learned throughout the process. TRS 2-166, 1 p.m.
Wednesday, March 9
- Wheelchair Basketball—Once again, RyeAccess is hosting a wheelchair basketball game to engage students this Disability Awareness Week. They encourage participants with wheelchairs to bring them, but some will be provided. First come first served! Lower Gym, 2:30 p.m.
Get in touch with community editor Allyssia Alleyne on Twitter at @AllyssiaAlleyne or @TheEyeopener if you want your event covered or want to chat about your Ryerson community. She can also be reached via email at email@example.com
Seriously, do it.
Photo by Marta Iwanek