The Eyeopener is Ryerson University’s independent student newspaper, and has been since 1967. It is owned and operated by Rye Eye Publishing Inc., a non-profit corporation owned by the students of Ryerson. It prints a weekly newspaper and publishes regular online content, including articles, videos and a podcast.
The Eyeopener is looking for students with an interest in media and journalism who are able to work both independently and with a larger team to produce Ryerson-based content for the publication.
Overview: The podcast producer will manage the production schedule of our weekly podcast, The Ear-opener, and will ensure it is edited and published on time. Applicants should have an interest in audio production and news related to Ryerson campus.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Supervising the host and guests in-studio and ensuring audio levels are correct.
- Editing the podcast and submitting it to the media editors for review and copy edits
- Publishing the podcast on our RSS feed and on CJRU 1280 AM’s radio schedule
- Must be enrolled in a full-time program at Ryerson University
- A working knowledge of an audio editing program. Audacity or Adobe Audition are preferred but not required
- Able to adhere to a weekly publishing schedule
This is a paid freelance position for $18/hour for up to 10 hours a week until April. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and three examples of produced audio work to email@example.com by Jan 24, 2019.