By Aleysha Haniff
Cherished readers, the Eyeopener’s got a plan to make your Super Sunday the best thing since sweet chili Doritos.
In short, it has to do with beer. Free beer. And free pizza. This list is more concise than the usual Rye Listed postings, but it’s best to get straight to the point.
Five reasons why you should enter the Eyeopener/Steamwhistle contest
5. It’s stupid easy. We’re asking you to describe your favourite procrastination pasttime in 100 words or less. Know what’s fewer than 100 words? One word. And as long as you know your name, birth date and student number, you’re good to go.
4. You can meet the masthead. If you choose to drop your submission off in person (SCC 207), you can eyeball the hotties who produce the Eyeopener every week. If you have questions or comments, entering the contest is a good way to break the ice. Ditto if you’d like to volunteer. (Note that you can also submit your answer via Facebook.)
3. Because going to Ryerson can suck sometimes. Yep, you have to take classes you feel are unnecessary. Or perhaps RAMSS screwed you out of the perfect schedule. Or, to reference last week’s list, you commute. But being a Ryerson student qualifies you for the chance to win the fixings for a great Superbowl party… providing, of course, that you’re 19 years of age or older.
2. There are other free things included in the grand prize. Namely pizza, cups, Steamwhistle goodies and ice… because warm beer tastes like piss.
1. You’d be king of the class. Creeping that hottie in your program on Facebook? Invite him/her to your keg party. Wanting to have the party of the year? Host a rocking party. Trying to convince people to come out to Missisauga and visit you? Invite them to your Super Sunday bonanza. There are few things better than being known as “that person who won a crapload of beer.”
Interested? Read more on the draw here.
Comments? Got something you want to see listed? Contact Aleysha, the online editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org. And to make your life even easier, you can find us on Facebook, or on Twitter [@theeyeopener].
Best of luck!