FACING OFF WITH HATE

By Winnie Bagel

“Special” to The Dryersonian

According to Adolf Hitler, there’s nothing wrong with promoting a pure Aryan race.

“Very few people are willing to say it how I say it. I don’t look upon the eradication of inferior races as being anything negative. It’s just as natural as breathing,” the former dictator said. “As soon as you start running away from bigotism you’re lost.”

Making strong and isolating statements is nothing new for the indirect creator of Ryerson and Fuhrer of Germany’s now-banned National Socialist Patry (Nazi) – a political movement that kind of shaped the last 60 years of history.

Though on first glance Hitler’s connection to Ryerson appears tenous, it is clear his actions directly resulted in the controversy about white minority groups and the death threats sent to Ryerson Slackers’ Union president-elect Nora Loreto.

By invading Poland in 1939 and, as a result, starting the Second World War the dictator drew Canada into the battle against fascism. So, in order to train the increased number of Air Force cadets, Howard Kerr established a barracks at what is now Ryerson University.

After the war, Kerr turned the base into a school that trained veterans back into the workplace. Kerr’s school evolved into the Ryerson Institute of Technology, then Ryerson Polytechnical Institute and finally Ryerson University.

So, Hitler said, it is fair to say he was essential in founding the university – and for that reason he takes interest in all the school’s affairs.

In an interview with The Dryersonian at his Hell-area home, Hitler, said that in the response to the white minority controversy that has erupted, students should be allowed to establish and Aryan culture groups on campus.

“Ryerson students should have the same right to convene in Bavarian beer halls as other groups do,” Hitler said.

Hitler publicly commented on the mater on the Nazi Party’s website after The Dryersonian published a mere 12 articles since last November regarding the controversy.

Following the articles, Hitler called for Nora Loreto’s resignation and said she brought a “dirne-haus shame” to the school. A similar telegraph was sent to Ryerson president Sheldon Levy, also calling for his resignation if he couldn’t control the youth.