Why don’t you tell us what you really think?

By Alex Hamlyn

Once we tallied the results of our school-wide poll, there was nothing so shocking that we felt our modern educational system should be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up. Nuts. However, there were at least a few surprises tucked away among unexciting respondents that told us they never skipped class, cheated, or though anything bad about their program at all.

Before you get to the graphs on the following page, here are a few stats that we thought you should know.

Overall, most students found their professors were qualified to teach them, but a significant percentage of both Dance and Engineering students thought their profs were overqualified. Not every program was thrilled with their profs’ skills, though some students in the school’s various science programs felt their profs were under-qualified. Remember folks: Ben Stein’s character in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off is not a role model.

We also asked students how they thought their Ryerson degree would be looked upon by future employers compared to other universities. Once again, the majority believed their Rye degree will stack up equally against the competition. Some students in the school’s most prestigious programs, such as Journalism, Radio and Television Arts, and Dance, had more confidence in the value of their degree. This magazine may lessen their confidence.

In the end, there was only one real question: for the student who skipped 80 classes in a semester, how are you still enrolled?

Results: 50% of science and RTA students admitted to cheating. Don’t trust them to play fair at Scrabulous.

21% of engineers claimed to cheat, the least of any programs. Don’t ask them to take a urine test for you.